Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Photographs Found

Found_Photo001a
Found_Photo002a
Typecast060

Post-Script: The wonder of these photographs is that some mystery remains. The top photo could have been from the African continent, not the South Pacific, while the other could be an Edith Street from another town besides Albuquerque. Perhaps we'll never know. Some of the prints I examined at the antique store did have hand-written captions on their reverse side, but most didn't. We now call this "metadata."

I suspect that I'll be making a much more careful examination of these kinds of ephemera when I next visit a thrift or antique store. Given their modest asking price ($1 and 50 cents, respectively), they're well worth collecting, as they pique my imagination.

Typecast via Olivetti Underwood 21.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

Mystery photos!
or maybe "Collecting pieces of other people's lives". When i find mystery photos, it always makes me dream up some wild story about what is going on in the photo, which I suppose only points out the power of photography to inspire imagination. (:

Bonus points: photos take up less space than typewriters.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home