Monday, February 06, 2012

Banning the Big Black Box

Blog
Blog

Postscript: Okay, not the best photo of a typewritten page. I could have used a second light source at the bottom of the page, like one would do with a copy stand. As for the iPad2's camera, it's adequate, in the sense that one can read what's been written, but you don't get the sense of the texture of the paper, like I'm used to showing with my scanned typecasts. I'm thing also about making some sort of crude stand to hold the tablet directly over the sheet to be copied, rather than using my coffee-jitter hands, as I did here.

But, the typecast and it's accompanying photo (along with this note) were all done, within minutes, using merely the iPad2 and my humble WiFi signal. So, despite the flaws, this method might get me doing many more stream-of-consciousness typecast blog posts, which is a good thing, given the proximity of my various portable typewriters to my daily domestic life. As for The Big Black Box, it still sits menacingly under my desk, the repository of a hundred gigabytes or so of photography from the last decade. Like a junk yard dog, it has a purpose (keeping out the bad guys), but you don't want it greeting customers up front.

(Typecast via Olivetti Lettera 22, photos via iPad2)

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard P said...

The system seems to work, although I have enjoyed the high-resolution scans of your careful typescripts in the past.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home