Tuesday, December 01, 2015

A Good Journey

Sandias002a (Sandia Mountains, New Mexico. Paper negative, circa 1994.)

P1110201a (8" x 8" format, F/458, falling plate pinhole camera.)

Typecast119

Post-Script: Rant, page one and page two.

The detailed article about this camera, on my Obscure Camera blog, is here.

Typecast via Smith-Corona Silent. I've cut out a piece of carpet pad and it makes for a very good typewriter pad, both stopping it from sliding on smooth surfaces and providing noticeable sound-deadening.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Love your rant. Imagine if a car company, Ford for instance, followed Henry Ford's philosophy of continuously improving your product. Of course, he never followed his writings either.

One of reasons I never bought Apple anything is due to being locked into what Apple wants. The products are fine, dependable, and work. However the second reason is the super high prices. Their products are made in the same slave labor Chinese factories as their competitors products yet Apple demands inflated prices. That said I really enjoyed my G5 audio and video editing computers.

I used to customize most of my Linux things. Over the past 5 or so years I have not even done much of that. I still run Linux as to not be locked into corporate greed and high prices as well as them wanting to tell me how my digital equipment should work.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo of the Sandia mountains - a very good journey.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully typecast.

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really lovely image.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Dracie Bradley said...

Hey, thanks for sharing such a nice blog. Please keep sharing blogs related to paper carpet underlay. Protect your foam-backed carpets and underlays with this 100% FSCĀ® accredited paper carpet underlay roll.

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home