Monday, August 20, 2018

Post Power Outage Blues

Man Cave
Typecast039

Post-Script: Electricity is something we tend to take for granted, until it no longer is. While I tend not be much of a survivalist by nature, it is food for thought. Perhaps a backup generator, maybe some candles & lanterns. But I stop at MREs and freeze-dried foods. I'll live on canned tuna and peanut butter sandwiches, until the utilities get straightened out. Because I have inordinate faith in the crumbling social infrastructure. Call me naive.

Here in the high desert we haven't faced much in the way of natural disaster, like the coastal areas in hurricane country have. Maybe our challenge in the future will instead be fresh water.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

But if you had MREs and a little flex-fuel stove in the shed, you wouldn't have to walk to the house to get a snack! :D

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home