Friday, April 05, 2019

Santa Fe, Day Two

35 North Coffee, Santa Fe
Santa Fe, Day Two

Post-Script: It’s fun to deconstruct the local arts economy, as a means for greater understanding; just like you would when studying a work of art itself. Though the Santa Fe aesthetic is this unique blend of multi-cultural views and traditions, it’s very much ruled by the laws of economics, of supply and demand. Galleries and shops come and go, as do the careers of artists themselves. Marketing and promotion is a huge part of the job of artist, probably more important than the work itself - a sobering thought for the fledgling artist.

We look forward to returning here soon, as tourists rather than former residents.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Thanks for sharing your trip.
The printing from the Typestar is really nice.

11:36 AM  
Blogger DonN said...

but please go back to the Hermes... a Typestar is not a real typewriter!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

Yes it is! :D

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Gregory Short said...

Obviously, I disagree with DonN above. But we can agree on the fact that a Typestar is not a MANUAL typewriter. And that can be said of ANY electric typewriter, not just thermals. So type away, Joe!

Perhaps the evolution of a town or city is most obvious after an absence. I've lived in Riverside, California, almost my entire life, so I have an impression that the evolution has been subtle. As a child, I spent summers in small towns, and I'm certain my memories will be shattered if I ever return.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home