Monday, March 25, 2013

Camera Cerebrum

P1030891a

Typecast124

P1030899a

Typecast125

Post-Script: I won't claim to be an expert on experimental psychology or crossmodal research, so I must take the good doctor's word on it, with the caveat that I also have my own experience with the Camera Cerebrum to fall back upon.

I must admit that, given the opportunity to go out onto the street, or into the wilds, equipped with either a Camera Cerebrum viewing frame or conventional recording camera, I'm more likely to choose the latter over the former, if given but one choice. In this regard, I seriously doubt that the use of viewing frames will ever become a popular activity unto itself however pleased I might be to see that happen. I am again reminded that a picture, as it is said, is worth a thousand words.

I do find it interesting how the 2nd-generation device has entirely given up its former status of pretend-camera, no longer functioning as a tool to equip the fledgling street-protestor, but instead takes on some hybrid variation of a pretend-tablet device. So it has that going for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob Bowker said...

I think it is a perfectly natural progression. Watching the ceremonies at the Olympics on TV last year, I was surprised at how the photographers' stances has evolved as their capture devices had changed from 'box' cameras to tablet computers. You'd hold it at the natural reading distance for your eyesight, arms somewhat extended. One small adaptation I'd make is to have the clicker on the left. Having for so long accommodated myself to right-handed camera controls, at last there's no financial barrier to getting a left handed version. I wonder how it would work underwater?

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home