Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sitting Idle

DSCF1643a

Typecast219

Post-Script: I've tried to make it a habit not to typecast about typewriters too often, but sometimes it becomes an inevitable subject of one's life, especially if, like me, typewriters are one of your passions. Regarding my disparaging comments about this Royal Futura 800 sounding like an old Chevy, I'm not sure if that comment insults either or both machines. Certainly, I've never been a Chevy guy, while I've owned some nice Royals in my day.

I was pleased with the work I did to this machine. There's a bit more to be done before I can call it completely mechanically sound, but this next period of intensive use, followed by more idle time sitting in the closet, should prove its mettle.

Photo via Fujifilm X10, typecast via Royal Futura 800.

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard P said...

Yeah, these Futuras are kinda rattly, but they've got some style. And I like that typeface so much that I made a font out of it:

http://site.xavier.edu/polt/typewriters/royalquietdeluxe.html

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home