Monday, January 04, 2016

A Second Life

P1090722a
Typecast_L002
(Errata: It's a model 10, not model 90 as typed above.)

P1160030a
Typecast_L003
P1160046a
Keif Henley

P1070208a
A Basement Films show at the Guild

P1070191a
Even the restrooms at the Guild are cinematic

DSCF3085a
The Guild's marquee was overhauled last year

DSCF3088a
A movie-goer perusing the film schedule

Post-Script: Not only has the Guild Cinema been a great place to see independent and alternative films, it's also been photographically interesting over the years. I have many more images like these in my Flickr stream, but I've done a poor job of tagging them, so manual searching is required.

Here's the blog article I wrote about this Hermes 10, almost a year ago, where you get to see its type style.

Here's the website of the Guild Cinema.

Here's the website to Basement Films.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just imagine the cinema-goers whispering to one another "Can you hear that?"

4:42 AM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Ha, ha! I was thinking the same thing. Or, during a quiet passage in the film, hearing "Damn...where's my correction tape?"

8:57 AM  
Blogger Rob Bowker said...

The machines we love all have a story and sometimes, very occasionally, we find out what ti is or get the chance to be part of it's progression. So now you have me wondering what the Hermes will be typing in the future...

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home