Sunday, November 25, 2018

Eggnog Latte?

P1010218a
Typecast065

The espresso shot:
P1010212a

The Creamland eggnog:
P1010216a

The finished result:
P1010217a

Post-Script: This blog posting was brought to you by fond memories of the past heyday of blogging when, even with a blog dedicated to specific subjects like typewriters, it was common to also just post about any old thing that struck you. Kind of like what people now do with Base Fook. Why the heck not, I says. So there you have it. Nothing profound, just eggnog warmed up in the microwave, with espresso added. And a typewriter. Because.

Now, you sticklers for accuracy out there might be wondering about the caloric impact of eggnog, versus just the normal (for me) coffee drink of raw sugar and whole milk with espresso. Well, this particular beverage wasn't as sweet as my normal coffee (but the spices made up for it), so it probably has less sugar; but there's also other stuff in the eggnog besides just sugar. So it's probably a wash. Don't do this because you think you're going on a health food kick, no sir. Because eggnog.

That is all.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

If the wife can taste microwaves, please ask what does In-a-gadda-da-vida taste like? I swear it's got overtones of roasted mushroom steak.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Bill M said...

I wonder what microwaves taste like. I may give the egg nog a try.

3:00 AM  
Blogger MTCoalhopper said...

I would have to consider my wife and I to be something of coffee snobs. I grind my Costa Rican beans by hand, because an electric grinder produces heat which causes oxidation to start. Maybe I just like the slow, analog process.

And, yes, we start using egg nog as creamer, as soon as the stores put it out for sale. (:

9:19 AM  
Blogger Mike A. said...

For Science!!

Microwaves are very delicate, but bolder than nano or pico waves.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home