Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Fanfold Blast from the Past

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 7.40.23 PM

I've been cleaning out my office in preparation for a major overhaul, something that's been sorely needed for years. In the process of doing so, one obviously comes across items you've forgotten about. Today was one of those days, when I came across this handmade fanfold paper dispenser. The paper is from sheets torn off a letter-writing pad, then taped together, fanfold style, with blue painters masking tape. The photo above was with the paper threaded into the Olympia SF.

I remember doing this some years ago, but had forgotten about it until today. And what do I find typed on the first sheet of the pack, but this ad hoc piece of writing, dated from May 8, 2018, typed on the Royal QDL named Adobe Rose, that I'd just then acquired. I thought it would be fun to post this "blast from the past" just to see what I was up to back then.

Adobe Rose Typing

I thought the piece was rather funny; but I especially like it for the freedom of creative thought that it represents. Sometimes it's hard to know where you are, mentally and creatively, when you're in the midst of it all. But being able to take a step back and look at something from the past gives a person enough distance to see how different they were back then. I like what I wrote, and wonder if today I can channel that kind of spontaneous creativity at will. I think the answer to that question is just to do it, more and more. Sit down at the machine and let the words spill out.

Here is Adobe Rose; I don't have very many shots of her, evidence that she spends too much time in the closet. Time to remedy that.

“Adobe Rose” the Royal Quiet De Luxe

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Bill G said...

This was a most enjoyable post (I too like what you wrote back then). Thanks for sharing!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

You've been neglecting Adobe Rose? for shame! :D

2:50 PM  
Blogger Diane Maher said...

If my Royal QDLs ever get to the point where they don't skip (note to self: buy a t bender), then I would use them more often.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Diane Maher said...

Doesn't 2018 seem like so long ago?

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Gregory Short said...

I don't recall seeing a video about the painter's tape fanfold trick. I love it! Next best thing to typing on a thermal roll! I'm so glad you brought out Adobe Rose. She's humble, yet beautiful. Enjoy!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Total Pest Control offers wide range of pest control Langley BC. We prevent all type of insects and rodents prevention and trapping services to home and business. Contact us for the free estimate.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. thanks Please visit here https://logodesigningdubai.ae/ for best logo design dubai company always ready to help you. For more detail please call us.

12:20 PM  
Blogger cedarblinds said...

How Long Does MDMA (Ecstasy) Stay in Your System? MOLY is a synthetic drug that acts as a stimulant, hallucinogen, and entactogen.
https://buyecstacy.com/

2:33 AM  
Blogger aggasstore said...

You can find that such pests persistently seek some ways to sneak into your home via the tiniest of cracks and cervices.
https://www.omnipestcontrol.ca/blog/5-tips-pest-control-in-maple-ridge/

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home