Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Write Fully So

brother SX-4000
There's something slightly furtive about the idea of sitting in bed with an electronic typewriter

This is also a typewriter



Here's the letter stamping kit. I made the shallow cardboard boxes as a way to contain the blocks in alphabetic order while also being easy to remove individual blocks. I secure them together with a rubber band prior to storing in their original clear plastic containers. After stamping I rubber band them into a bundle and clean the ink off their rubbery letters with a paper towel and bit of degreaser, before putting away, ready for their next stamping session.



Even though these stamp die are rubber, I've seen other sets online with wooden and metal die. I might try one of those also.

Here are several more examples of stamped letterwork I've made with this letter kit:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

amusingly enough, there is a highly-collectable antique "typewriter" that is nothing more than a string of rubber-stamp blocks strung like a necklace on a curved wire. To "type", you'd slide the letter you wanted along the wire to the printing point in the center and stamp it down. I'm sure is was even slower than having loose type in a box, but it did sell. It was called the "Ingersoll"
https://typewriterdatabase.com/1886-ingersoll-typewriter.14627.typewriter

1:53 PM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Well, I took apart the cheap plastic embossing label maker and it does have a print wheel with raised letters like a daisywheel, but they’d print backwards. Oh well!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Bill M said...

True printing. Now we have ink sprayed or carbon dust lasered to paper and most people call it printed.

I like the wooden letters.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home