Saturday, November 18, 2023

Fireworks at Boca Chica


(Screen grab from Scott Manley's YouTube channel)


(Errata: Typewritten date should read 18 November 2023)




Okay folks, I know I could've included the rest of the screen grabs of the launch in living digital color, but since I'm archiving this blog article in a 3-ring binder for my progeny to have to deal with when that time comes, I figured showing them as low-res thermal prints, hand-pasted-up like in ye Olden Days and filed away along with the typed sheets, would just make a whole hecka lotta more sense. Also, you just can't beat that low-res pixelated appearance this toy thermal-printing camera makes. I've also posted previous blog articles about this little toy camera, here, here and here.

But just to be fair, here's Scott Manley's video about today's second test launch of Starship:

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

I still remember all the NANA failures and rocket explosions. I watched the first launch of Allen Shepard all through live shuttle launches when I lived in FL and we could watch from our front lawn. Like you, Space-X has rekindled my interests.
Oh, and remember Homer Hickman's book, Rocket Boys, now retitled to match the move. October Sky.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Bill M said...

oops, NASA

8:21 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

Excellent report! I had seen this in the news, but didn't have much context to interpret what the expectations were. Space stuff, YAY! (:

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home