Thursday, April 14, 2011

Philip Connors: Mountaintop Typer


Today, I read this article* from the New York Times book review online about writer Philip Connors, who has spent recent summers atop a fire lookout tower in New Mexico's Gila Wilderness.

Here's a line from the article that I found interesting:

"While Connors occasionally wears the cap of environmental reporter, his book is at heart as old-school as his manual Olivetti."

Now I'm wondering, exactly what model of Olivetti does Mr. Connors use? Interesting.

~Joe

*(HINT: enabling "private browsing" on your browser seems to get around the NYT's recent restriction of non-subscribing visitors only able to read 20 articles per month.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

That actually could be an interesting read. Though I'll be honest. I don't know if it could top Ed Abbey or Normal Maclean in regards to fire lookout stories.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home