Monday, January 24, 2011

Bovine Scatology: A Retrospective

(Or, "Watch Your Step When the Chips are Down")

Postscript: For context, see Strikethru's post.


Blogger Little Flower Petals said...

Oh, goodness...that would certainly be a day to remember!

Now, you see? That just goes to show how right I was to be afraid of bulls! And the barbed wire coulda been bad news, too. Mom was always afraid one of us would fall from a tree and eviscerate ourselves on the stuff...or something.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Strikethru said...

Love that story. I can totally see the midair dive.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Art said...

This is awesome. Most definitely reminds me of my childhood. We used to have a steer that we called the Devil that had a penchant for sending even the bravest of kids running for the fence, trying for the bear-up-a-tree climb if the superman through the fence wouldn't work.

And on the subject of barbed wire (or bob wire, as we used to call it,) it is a creature all its own. If you haven't experienced it in its natural state, I highly recommend you do so. It is harsh and cutting, yet there is something about it that is strangely beautiful. The smooth wire in the picture above pales in comparison.


4:18 PM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Thanks, Art. Alas, in my haste to shoot a picture with which to illustrate the article, I couldn't find barbed (or "bob") wire, so had to make do with a plain wire fence, in a local hiking area along the foothills of the Sandia Mtns.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Art said...

You took that picture just for this post? I like it. :) Fences are one thing that I think would be a really cool subject for a photo essay... especially fences of the west. We have some great ones.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Have a comment? I'll post your comment after I read it.


Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home