Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Long Dry Spell


Typecast116

Post-Script: Among possible new videos will be one that provides an overview of several handmade wooden tripods I've built over the years, that don't require a high degree of woodworking or mechanical skill to assemble, yet provide the basic functionality required for box cameras used in scenic landscape photography.

And in case you haven't yet done so, please visit my pinhole photography blog, where I've posted a few more articles.

I wanted to also mention that I received a letter in the mail from my Aunt, who lives in Colorado Springs and owns an old full-sized standard typewriter - I think it's an Underwood, but I'm not certain - and whom I convinced to type me a letter; she hadn't used it in maybe five years. I was amazed how good the type slug alignment is on that old machine, despite it needing a new ribbon. I might just mail her a new ribbon for Christmas, so don't tell her! Or, if she can't manage to install the ribbon herself, I'll make a trip up there, install the ribbon and maybe do a bit of cleaning and oiling, and do a typecast; probably not until after the weather improves, however, which means late winter or spring of next year.

Typecast via Olivetti Lettera 22.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Those are some good ideas Joe. I happened to use one of my old Tektronix oscilloscope camera hoods on my Lumix. I needed a scope camera at work so a modification to digital was required to mount my camera. I mounted my camera inside the hood. (kind of like your explaining about the box). By accident I was using the same hood for a sunshade on one of my wife's bird watching trips and discovered the hood made a great sound director for my on camera microphones turning them into directional microphones. My next project is a separator between them to hopefully make the stereo imaging better.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Great minds think alike!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I was trying to get more directional sound for my little Voice Recorder with built-in mikes. I ended up buying a cheap plastic salad bowl at the 99 cent store, then mounting the VR in the center of the salad bowl. I had to experiment to find the focal center for the best recording. I notice the mikes on the sidelines of football games often use very shallow reflectors, sort of like a satellite dish.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home