Thursday, October 05, 2017

Typing Assignment No.10



Here we are, already at our tenth typing assignment. It's been a fun project for me, and I hope also for you. The first few assignments seemed obvious, but as the series progressed, I wisely fell upon the resources of my imaginative wife, who has assisted me in some of these latter subjects.

Thinking it over, it seemed the right time to do a free-form assignment: participants can write a one-pager on whatever they want. Some people were late to the party and missed previous assignment deadlines - for them, this is an opportunity to post their already completed work. For others, you've perhaps been working on your own project, and could use this time to share your progress. Whatever the reason, I hope you enjoy this open "un-assignment" typing assignment.

As with previous assignments, post the link to a publicly-accessible image of your typed piece in one of three ways: 1) In the comments section below; 2) In the comments to the accompanying YouTube video (see above); or 3) Email me the image as an attachment, to: jvcabacus@yahoo.com

The deadline for this assignment will be Sunday, October 15. Have fun. I look forward to reading your work.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger andrew nicholls said...

Really enjoying your content Joe, including the new Motor Scooter Video's you are producing. I don't know where you find the time!! Anyhow, here is the link to my Typing Assignment Number 10, typed up on my favourite typewriter, a Hermes Baby. I am also looking forward to catching the California typewriter movie after reading your review. All the best!
http://andypoetwriter.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/typing-assignment-number-10-teacher.html

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Andykev said...

Here is Typing Assignment #10. https://andykev.com/typing-assignment-10/

Typed on a 1954 SC Silent.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joe, Thanks for the open assignment. I broke out a 1939 Erika Model 5 for this informational piece on a static aircraft display that I've been wanting to write about for quite some time. Here is a link to the story.

brokestuff.wordpress.com/2017/10/13/homesick-angel/

2:41 PM  
Blogger TokyoJAM said...

Hi Joe, Thanks for this fun unssignment. I enjoyed the challenge and hope you all will like the result. Sorry for the weird URL.

https://sites.google.com/site/jamunroe/home/typing-assignment-no-9-1

5:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here is mine. I did this a while ago whilst mucking about on Smith Corona GT which has the most appealing wobbly text of any typewriter I own, but there's something about the case and the looks of the machine I link. It's fine for shopping lists etc. I haven't been submitting for a bit due to doing 15 hour days but hopefully thinks will calm down. I have been thoroughly enjoying all your videos Joe and everybody else stories. Thanks for all your hard work and exciting content. Love the scooter series!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152005082@N04/23858046918/in/datetaken-public/

7:58 AM  
Blogger DoHaeng Michael Kitchen said...

Hi Joe. Here's mine, typed on my 1951 Royal Quiet De Luxe.

https://dohaeng.com/2017/10/15/october-15-2017-typing-assignment-10/

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Kevin Kittle said...

Here is my submission for Typing Assignment No. 10 (and No. 9):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156213073@N02/37675552196/in/dateposted-public/

I created this piece on an Olivetti Lettera 22 (first draft) and then revised and finished it on a Smith Corona SL575 Electronic Typewriter. As this point, I don't care for either typewriter. The Lettera 22 is mushy and double-prints with a too hard platen. The electronic Smith Corona SL575 has nice print, but feels like a bad computer keyboard, is slower than any manual typewriter, and is very hard to maneuver around the page. It is hard to believe that the "same" company built the wonderful Electric Portable and the SL575 dog.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

perhaps too late for inclusion into the results, but here's my true story typing assignment #10

http://lastingquestions.blogspot.com/2017/10/blog-post.html

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home