Monday, July 02, 2018

Typewriter Poet Ashley Naftule

“Adobe Rose” the Royal Quiet De Luxe
Typecast025
Typecast026

Post-Script: I admire talented people like Ashley. I've wanted to try my hand at public typewriter poetry, but have been smart enough to know that it takes more than owning a typewriter. You actually have to be a poet, with a prolific enough imagination to compose on the spot. Not sure I could do that. Perhaps what I need is a training regimen, like give myself a random assignment and half an hour. Do that several times a week, build up my poetry-writing chops. In the meantime, we have real poets like Ashley to keep us satisfied.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

I'm sure it's exactly like Krav, put in the time and your imaginary muscles will strengthen to meet the mission. (:

9:47 AM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Thanks, Ted.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Richard P said...

I think you inspired him!

If you don't have it yet, check out the book Typewriter Rodeo for encouragement. It's all about the moment and the personal interaction.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Joe V said...

I happened to pick that very book up while at the Phoenix Type-In!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home