Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Late Night Inspiration

Triumph Norm 6


Post-Script: I had a blast making this video, and learned a few more things about using iMovie. Many thanks to the positive comments.

I wrote this typecast while enjoying the balmy spring evening with Kevin Kittle. Good friends and typewriters go together, especially if all four - us and our spouses - each had a typewriter.

The typecast was "scanned" using the panoramic mode of my iPhone 6s. I quickly shot it on the kitchen island, lit by afternoon window light and a skylight overhead. A quick crop and edit, and uploaded to Flickr in just a few minutes. I like that it has decent resolution, and none of the pincushion distortion that comes from using the phone's native camera app. As long as you hold the phone steady and move it over the subject at an even rate, it seems to work well enough.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Richard P said...

That's an excellent video (I shared it on my Facebook page). Such a pretty Triumph, too!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Bill M said...

Good work on the video Joe.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joe,
I'm not sure a good way to get in touch. My name is Ryan. We share many interests. I'd like to correspond. I'm a bit old fashioned. I don't have Facebook. Please advise.
Ryan

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home