Monday, April 01, 2019

Vacationing the City Different

P1010218a
Vacationing the City Different

Post-Script: This was a trial run of blogging exclusively using an iPhone. So far, easier now that I’m using Chrome instead of Safari.

I didn’t give myself enough space on the right margin of this piece, so there’s a bit of wonkiness with the scan; but at least it’s readable. Certainly making it possible to do while away from the Mac and Epson scanner. In fact, this might end up being my normal workflow here at home.

I didn’t use the bright video lights for illuminating the page, just indirect window light. But nighttime will be more challenging.

I’ve been doing a lot of thermal typing on the Canon Typestar lately, so it was fun getting back to a manual typewriter. The Skyriter still needs more work, both with the skipping and occasional smudging, like the carriage is still moving when the type slug hits the ribbon.

Last week I also spent hours realigning the type bars. Had to make some minute adjustments to the printing guide, but now it looks better. This is a UK-made Skyriter, I’m not sure if I’d rank it better than my Hermes Rocket. Yes, it has a quieter sound, and longer carriage return arm, but it’s thus far more touchy than the Rocket. And the keys seem closer together while requiring a deeper stroke, meaning it’s easier to miss-hit neighboring keys with my stubby fingers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Sounds like it will be a fun trip.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

Nice workflow! (:
also safe travels!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home