Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Stories Moths Tell

P1090432a
Of Moths and Other Stories

Just to illustrate the ubiquity of stories waiting to be told, just this evening I made note of the overhead kitchen light casting a star-like pattern of lights into the sink, from the holes in the nearby pasta strainer. Which then led us to discussing my wife's grandmother's old pasta colander, which she'd used for years until one of the legs broke off, after which I repurposed it into an overhead light fixture in my Man Cave shed. Which then led me to think, "That's another story needing to be told."

P1100067a

Here's a few thoughts I put together in video format, based on this piece, about the ubiquity of stories and the necessity to be a listener before we can be a teller.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

One thing I noticed when I moved to the South. There were a lot of great story tellers, plain ordinary people I worked with or met. Some of these fellows could make a story from the most common event and make it interesting. I never gained that skill. Much of society has lost that skill.

2:56 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

I remember the story about the colander, part of one of your man cave videos.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home