Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Write Stuff

P1050315a

Typecast147

Post-Script: Another reason why I enjoy writing on typewriters is because they're hand-writing agnostic. Using them I can fashion a physical piece of writing that still exhibits some hand-wrought quality of craft while remaining clearly legible. I remain in awe of those who can manage to write on a regular basis with a fine hand, one such blogger in our midst being Abraham's "La Vie Graphite" blog.

Oh, here's a link to the "Write Now" book.

Typecast via Corona 4.

2 Comments:

Blogger teeritz said...

I dread the day when somebody asks a movie star/singer/athlete, etc for their autograph and there's a brief texting of keys on the celebrity's phone and a few seconds later, the fan's phone beeps and on-screen, there appears the celebrity's autograph.
In a classroom filled mainly with twenty-somethings, I have seen some pretty...well, there's no other word for it, 'lousy' handwriting. Some students even go so far as to have their laptops switched on, saying that they take notes better on the computer screen than they do by hand.
I was going to suggest getting a copy of "Write Now", Joe, but you're already a step ahead. As with anything else, practice is the key. I need to get a copy of that book myself. But first, I need to get my photographic skills up. But that's another story.
Nice Scheaffer fountain pen, too, Joe. I got the steel version of it, but the nib looks exactly the same.
Write on!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth H. said...

"Write Now" completely changed my hand. I wouldn't call my current handwriting "fine" in the sense of being exquisite, but it's at least "fine" as in acceptable and legible. I blogged a wee bit about it here. It's still something to work in, but at least it's a fun journey!

Beautiful photo, as always.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home