Sunday, March 02, 2014

Renewal

Kitchen Remodel Typing

Renewal

Post-Script: There were other lessons to be learned from this kitchen remodel process, like ensuring you have all of your ideas settled beforehand, and learning, as a couple, to come to some middle ground of agreement, but also to know to trust the other person, who has just as much invested and at stake as you. We also learned that you can never be too picky about the details, they are important and you have to live with the consequences, but so too is trust. You have to let the workers finish their job, don't be too much of a micro-manager.

After having prepared meals for a month out of my crowded office, I've learned that I could consolidate my typewriter table onto my main desk, which means I'll be able to get rid of that extra piece of furniture and make for more clear space in the office. Efficient use of space is one valuable lesson to learn when you're living in crowded quarters.

A note about writing this blog article, I like to edit the HTML in order to resize the photos. Lately, doing so through a browser on the iPad has gotten more glitchy and problematic. I was forced, due to security issues, to upgrade my tablet's operating system recently to iOS7, a result being that neither Chrome or Safari plays well with editing a Blogger article's HTML. Even the Blogger app is pretty useless, since it doesn't provide for a way to edit photo sizes. I've had to fire up the old steam-powered desktop PC in order to finish editing this article. This problem with iOS and Blogger is going to make blogging while on vacation a lot more difficult.

Typecast via Olivetti Underwood 21, photos via Fujifilm X10, edited in Filterstorm on iPad2. Doesn't that Lettera 22 look just marvelous on the new granite counter tops? Here's a set of more photos from our remodel, including a close-up shot of the old oven, before the remodel.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how your typewriters have already encroached on the new kitchen. :)

2:25 AM  
Blogger Bill M said...

Nice kitchen, complete with typewriter. I doubt we'll ever remodel anything in our small house. I'd rather live where you do, summers are nicer there.

I don't like the pre configured way Blogger does photos and generally edit them in GIMP. It'd probably be faster editing the HTML and they could then be any size.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Joe V said...

I suppose I should clarify that my editing of photos in HTML amounts to resizing them. My size options in flickr don't match the width that my Blogger template requires.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home