Monday, December 08, 2014

Between Then and Now

Roberts_Dam002b

Typecast021

Post-Script: I've worked in this medium so infrequently this year that when I do so it seems to become a noteworthy event, at least for me. I do have a homemade 8"X10" camera with which I can create much larger paper negative images, but the camera is a beast to carry, not intended for portability at all. Perhaps I need to work on building a lighter, more compact field version.

Typecast via Olivetti Lettera 22. The title I typed after the main body of the text. Only while typing the title did the capital letters become imprinted as descenders. Up until now, I've thought the machine was at fault, but now I realize this happens because I'm typing the title so close to the top edge of the paper that the paper bale can't hold the edge down against the platen roller, causing the imprint to strike too early.

Bonus Image: Bear_Canyon001b

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Nice work. I could not tell the photos were from paper negatives. I do need to give the process a try.

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home