Sunday, September 06, 2015

North to Jackson

Bear Lake, Utah

"North to Jackson"

Post-Script: I've been alternating between using the little Fujifilm X10 and its bigger cousin the Lumix G5 for photos. Though the Fuji has a smaller sensor, it seems to box above its weight class in good light. But when the light begins to fade, the Lumix with its bigger sensor and F/1.7 lens comes more into play.

Interestingly, the peripheral chips in the Fuji seem much faster than the Lumix in reading out the files to my tablet, which has me thinking I'll use the Fuji more often, and save the Lumix for subdued light.

There was a time just a few years ago when I would have seriously considered taking some impractically ponderous pinhole box camera and tripod for a trip like this, as I once did at Arches National Park. But for some reason the pinhole bug is dormant these days.

I think this has to do with the decline in activity of the F295 pinhole discussion forum, where I was once an active member. It must be that I need the encouragement of an active social circle of adepts in order to maintain interest.

It also could be that digital cameras make the whole process so easy that I've simply gotten used to the process; I certainly would not be able to typecast and post daily photos from the road without them.

The Hermes Rocket continues to perform fine on the road, with the exception that it has problems rolling thick postcards around its spindly platen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Hard to beat the ease of a digital camera.
Beautiful shot of the lake. I long to be fishing at Jackson. Been there several times one of my many favorite places of the West. Enjoy your trip!

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home