Sunday, April 16, 2017

"An Interesting Day in Area 36"

Smith-Corona Silent
Area_36_001
Area_36_002

Post-Script: A bit more from the Losers Blend mythos, inspired by the look and feel of this old Smith-Corona Silent sitting in its half-case on my lap in the afternoon shade. Perhaps not entirely compatible with the theme of Easter/Resurrection Sunday, but one has to strike when the iron's hot, creativity-wise.

I snapped the top picture on my front patio, hoping it might look something like a coffee shop patio table at the fictional Losers Blend coffee shop, inspired by my local Winning Coffee; but I didn't have true fanfold printout paper, so I had to punch some Circa binding holes in an old Freestyle Photo receipt instead; plus add a bit of sci-fi look to the image in post. Kind of reminds me of the color tone of that old 1970s movie Soylent Green.

The thought was running through my mind, as I was writing this, how easy would it be to find typing paper in this fictional future world. Recycled paper seemed a logical solution, typing between the lines of someone's old printout. You'll notice I didn't address the issue of typewriter ribbons; maybe they just soak the old ribbons in a bit of Synthspresso syrup? Hmm, now there's an idea...

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little harassment I can take but Synthspresso... !

9:05 PM  
Blogger Walter said...

I just don't want to live in a world without typewriters... I mean... what's the point? ;-)

11:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm already into this story. More, more!!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home