Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Transmission from 57 Leonis

Strange things happen when you enter the Sandia Mountain wilderness east of Albuquerque.  Rumors have circulated for centuries amongst the indigenous, the Spanish, the anglo, and yet they remain.  Today we picnicked with friends, a celebration of my birthday, at our favorite spot, at about a 9000 foot altitude. Closer to the stars, they say.


I had just sat down at my typewriter, drink in hand, and was gifted with this seemingly extraterrestrial missive, hand-wrought, containing cryptic verse and imagery obviously intercepted by some mysterious radio receiver that watches our every move from outer space.



What is this mysterious symbol enclosing the transmission, a resin-like substance of some nonhuman origin perhaps? Dare I break the seal and glimpse what should remain unseen?



The message contained within started with this woodcut print, signed with the chop of Gustave Baumann, another longtime New Mexico resident. Mere decor, or a harbinger of more to come?



I was astounded by the origin story contained within. Almost as if my every moment were surveilled and recorded by something not of this world.




Details of the saga unfolded before me.



How could they have known?



My cover has been blown!



Are there still remnants to be uncovered?



A map back to my home planet perhaps?



It looks extraterrestrial to me!


At last the mystery was revealed, in all its typewritten glory:




If you see this man, be very cautious!


 

Thank you Kevin for the very creative card!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Belated Happy Birthday!
That is a great gift.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Richard P said...

This explains a LOT ... seriously, what a fabulous, thoughtful, and impressive creation.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home