Monday, January 11, 2021

EKG Paper Typing

EKG Thermal Paper & Canon Typestar 4
EKG Paper Typing

This EKG thermal roll paper is thin -- thinner than the Brother letter-sized thermal paper sheets that I like (and return-gifted a pack to Gregory Short, in exchange for him sending me this roll of paper). But it's still thicker than the Staples-branded fax paper, and prints darker. I think I'm going to like it.

I do need to make another dispensor holder for this new roll; my other holders still have paper in them. I'm thinking about making it as simple as possible, simple enough that almost anybody could make one. And I'll use one of those thin metal serated tear-strips from a pack of plastic wrap or aluminium foil. Probably use a bamboo skewer to hold the roll in the dispensor. Maybe a video about it.

Canon Typestar 4

I like that the front, thermally-sensitive side is rolled facing inward to the roll. It seems to protect the coating better. And once rolled through a thermal typewriter, it tends to reverse-curl the paper to flatten it out rather well.

Since this paper was a gift, I do need to find the source online, and determine whether the price is sufficiently thrifty to recommend to others. But I really like the dark "imprint" it makes, along with the nice grid pattern. Thank you again Gregory for this gift!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Ah, I never gave EKG paper a thought. We used it on our ambulance back when I was an EMT.

I like the way it gives texture to your document.

PS, I find Energizer & Costco batteries to leak more frequently than Ray-o-vac. Duracell are hit or miss.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Gregory Short said...

Hi, Joe! The roll I sent you was $7 with shipping on eBay. One can find the seller by doing a search for "EKG thermal paper". My 110mm roll was $5.99, so the wider roll is the better value. Either way, the price is on the high side, but the quality is certainly better than fax paper.

I'll be curious to see your simplified model of paper dispenser. When you mentioned borrowing (stealing?) the metal tear off strip from a box of foil, it crossed my mind one could actually attach it to the useless teeth on the ribbon cover of the typewriter. Hmmm...

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home