Monday, May 01, 2023

I'm in the Newspaper!

I'm in the newspaper! A few months ago I was interviewed by Cameron Knight, reporter for the Cincinnati Inquirer, about my fascination for typewriters and how I got started into this strange obsession, that now seems not so strange after all. I'd forgotten about that interview until I saw Dr. Polt's blog article this weekend.

The article is a good read, there are a number of typospherians interviewed, including Dr. Polt and Sarah Everett. See this link to read a PDF of the article.

I am mentioned in the article on the third page, including a large photo of me with my typewriter collection. Yes, they misspelled my name, but I've gotten used to that. (And, no, I'm not related to actor Lee Van Cleef -- I get asked that all the time!)

Cameron Knight did a good job with the article, and is himself a typewriter enthusiast. Thank you Cameron!

7 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Well, the author does correct the spelling of your name (maybe unknowingly). Great article.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

hey, I'm in there too :D

9:47 AM  
Blogger Richard P said...

It's a great photo of you, Mr. "Van Cleve."

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Gregory Short said...

You may be on the third page, but look at the size of that photo! Newspapers are really struggling these days, with staffs cut to the bone, so errors will only get more common. A wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Mei Travis said...

Great article! That first paragraph is me too. Sometimes I love the Typosphere more than the machines themselves. :-D Thanks for all you do, Joe!!! <3

2:43 PM  
Blogger Sophia Daniel said...

Interesting article! the article shared is very outstanding, which is related to the type writing. This is wonderful story. Thank you for sharing, keep sharing more articles. Now its time to avail Limo service West Palm Beach for more information.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Jacob Martin said...

It's wonderful to see your hard work and dedication recognized by the media. Enjoy this moment. Now read more about Can Dogs Eat Salami for more information.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home