Sunday, September 09, 2012

A Passion to Write

P1000303a

Typecast044

Post-Script:
George is not my friend's real name, but I'm certain he'll recognize himself when he reads this.

As for my sporadic writing, I've found, at least for this week, that the inclusion of the L.A.R.O.P. into my typing methodology has freed myself up to write more spontaneously and more often. I have several pieces, unposted as blog articles, that were written just because I felt like writing them, almost like journal entries, and the Remington sits on my office table with L.A.R.O.P. paper already threaded in its platten, ready to go at a moment's notice.

As for the mechanics of using the L.A.R.O.P., I've found that the thin paper tears off easily, at the end of a piece of writing, by using the square cross-sectioned paper bale in front of the platen.

The ink got a bit thin at the bottom of the scroll, the Remington's ribbon feed remains problematic.

Photo via Lumix G5.

4 Comments:

Blogger teeritz said...

Hey Joe, tell 'George' to keep writing. Sometimes, those whose lives appear bleakest are the ones who succeed. I wish I had his passion and discipline. Best of luck, 'George'. You'll get there.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Cameron said...

I definitely relate to your 'jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none' tendencies.

I love writing while I'm writing. I love composing music while I'm composing. I love practicing various musical instruments while I'm playing them. But to sit down to write every day is not my style. My personality chafes at the idea of focusing on any one thing for long.

Best wishes for "George"'s success. What is he studying at school?

10:36 AM  
Blogger Richard P said...

Go for it, George, good luck.

Nice to see the Ten Forty get some stylistic appreciation in your lovely photo. It was also featured in this recent "news" item:
http://www.flavorwire.com/326108/gorgeous-typewriters-to-combat-digital-fatigue

PS: the captcha is driving me crazy. If I get it wrong (which I often do), the "Publish" button gets obscured ... please consider eliminating the captcha.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Joe V said...

@Cameron: He'll be studying Geographic Information Systems at a technical college, a medium-term goal intended to get him into a stable career path, which itself is a mere stepping-stone to his longer-term goal of true financial independence.

@Richard: I know about the frustration with the captcha thingie. I do get spam rather often, I will consider it. Thanks for reading.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home