Monday, May 01, 2017

"A Fine Mess"

Olympia SF

A brief short story, composed at the nearest Duncan Donuts accompanied by a cup of their brew. No, not Starbucks fancy, but serviceable, not too strong coffee. I was inspired by a round of typewriter repairs I did last week. For this Olympia SF, I found a fix to the nagging issue of the line spacing problem, which I'd once thought was a permanent condition. Just a bit of courage, inspired by the Right Reverend Ted Munk and his Typewriter Repair Bibles, was all it took. No, there's not yet such a manual for the Olympia, but I did further tinkering and had some success.

This short story is for all of you typewriter collectors out there who think their collecting problem has gotten out of hand. Read and heed. And maybe chuckle.

A_Fine_Mess001
A_Fine_Mess002

Post-Script: Here's the video on what I did to fix the Olympia.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Loved this one! So glad you got the problem solved! BTW... I'm going on a bit of a JVC binge-watch thing the pay couple days. I've already seen all the typewriter videos previously, but i feel like I learn something new every time. I watch them so much, my hubby's starting to get jealous, lol. Just kidding, but he does wonder about my passion for typewriters. I joked with him, "Honey... if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand..." 😉

9:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Crystal! nice to see you outside of the TRD! A JVC binge lol. I actually get alerts now when he releases a new video and rush straight to my tech. Really cheers me up with all this depressing stuff going on in the world. Who would have thought typewriters could be so comforting :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Henry said...

The typewriter has a very interesting story. How it was made and how it evolved into a keyboard. Now it's time to avail derma rollers for more information.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home