Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Update Just to Update

P1010185a
Typecast063

Post-Script: I had a pleasant distraction while writing my treatment for the Cold Hard Type project, which was that the co-owner of the Rust is Gold coffee shop asked me to type some index cards with names of coffee beans that they roast, for a photo shoot she was doing. I was happy to oblige.

P1010175a

They have a cool motorcycle display, that changes every once in a while, as a local club meets there.

P1010182a

One of the adjoining booths sells '70s HiFi and guitar stuff. Pretty cool.

P1010189a

As you can see in the top photo, I wrote my treatment on the Royal Mercury (the more recent one I'd acquired), but this typecast today was written on the old Underwood Portable.

P1010158a

Yesterday, while working on the video about the typing platform, I pushed my office chair back and tipped over the folding tray table, with Underwood atop it, which crashed to the floor. Luckily it is hardwood with a rug on top. The machine doesn't appear harmed at all, which surprised me. Gotta be more careful!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger MTCoalhopper said...

Hmm... Looks like an early-70's Honda CB350 in a custom, hardtail frame. Ah, old analog stuff is so cool. I doubt I'm the only one guilty of carrying a portable typewriter in the saddlebag of a motorcycle.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

Whew! Glad your Underwood survived it's trip to the floor (:
Drive careful on your trip down here! :D

11:50 AM  
Blogger The Daily Platen said...

Glad to see more Typospherians prepping for Cold Hard Type! That coffee shop looks like a dream. I'll have to check it out when I'm in Albuquerque.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home