Monday, July 18, 2011

Observations From the No Pity Cafe





History Eraser (Activate or Obliterate)



Welcome to Madrid

Pool Table

Marshall Gene Says

Bad Coffee Sucks

Tea kettle

The Line Writer with a bottle of Way 2 Cool Creme Soda

Four Faces - Example of local art

Red, White and Blue

Madrid Threads

(Penned on-location via Lamy Safari, typecast via Olivetti Lettera 22)

Errata: The Harley V-Rod is belt-driven like the rest of the Harley fleet; the point I attempted to make is that it's the only water-cooled Harley. Japanese cruiser bikes of recent vintage are all shaft drive and water cooled.

4 Comments:

Blogger Strikethru said...

Ha ha, the sweetener. I feel like I have been to exactly that cafe, although it was probably in Santa Cruz, or Kawaii.

Thanks for the dose of heat and relaxation, nothing but clouds here in the Northwest.

11:13 PM  
Blogger shordzi said...

I very much enjoyed reading and seeing this post.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Richard P said...

Very interesting. I passed through Madrid, N.M. over 20 years ago. It's pronounced Mádrid, as I recall. As a native of Madrid, Spain, I would like to visit all the American Madrids some day, including the notorious New Madrid, Mo., site of a major earthquake fault.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Madrid reminds me a lot of Bisbee, Arizona where I lived for a time. Bisbee was also a mining town in the mountains. The mines closed in the mid-1970s. Then the hippies & artists moved in. I bought my house there in 2002, where on the surface the town still seemed laid-back. Then the housing boom came, and with it, many new people trying to cash in on the charm, which turned out to be an illusion. Everything became gentrified. I left there in 2007 and have never looked back.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home