Sunday, December 08, 2013

Falling Flat

P1070287a

Typecast187

Post-Script: I'm keeping an eye on any possible symptoms of a concussion, knowing full well that they can often be delayed by some time. But so far I think I'm okay, hard-headed as I am. I did manage to finish the job of clearing the front courtyard of ice, it's all dry for now. What helped is that we got about an hour of direct sunlight midday, which immediately began to soften and melt the ice enough for me to scrape it off. As you might be able to tell from the photo, the courtyard is paved in stamped concrete that's textured and stained to resemble brickwork. I'm hesitant to apply rock salt because it could easily fade the coloring applied to the concrete. But perhaps that's better than suffering severe injury.

Typecast via Remington Quiet-Riter; I'm continuing to use this machine since I first bought it a few months back, it works better over time, but I know I'll have to cycle it out soon for one of its other siblings languishing in the closet. That's the dilemma of owning a collection of such machines, there's not enough time to keep them all in sufficient rotation to ensure good working order. Photo via Lumix G5.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe, good to hear you weren't more seriously injured. That's happened to me a few times in the past. Take care. :)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Rob Bowker said...

The older you get, the longer it seems for aches and injuries to get better. Tread carefully and I hope you get well soon.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Richard P said...

Ow!

Our temperature here is 32ยบ and that makes for delightful weather such as freezing rain. I will do my best to avoid pulling a Van Cleave. ;)

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home