Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Going-to-the-Sun

Glacier National Park

"Going-to-the-Sun"

Post-Script: Most of our fellow Red Bus tour riders agreed that, had we driven our own vehicles over Logan Pass, we wouldn't have enjoyed it as much, having to mind the narrow road, fellow drivers and the threat of wet roads and hazards like rock falls.

This reminds me of a visit we made atop Pike's Peak in Colorado, where riding the tram up was much more pleasurable than the thought of risking wearing the clutch and/or brakes of one's private vehicle; especially if on a long vacation. Too, there is the other matter of being able to see more of the scenery while in motion.

Photos again via the little X10. Last evening, while walking through town, I made several exposures in the EXR high ISO mode, with flash. Wow! Was I ever surprised at what this little camera can do in low light.

Typecast via the ever-reliable Hermes Rocket. This time, no correction tape was used.

I've been writing these daily pieces as first-drafts using my piston-fill TWSBi fountain pen. I filled it up before leaving home, and brought a Lamy Safari as backup, with a converter also pre-filled. I didn't want to take an ink bottle and risk a spill or breakage, although that hasn't happened to me before. So at this rate, I might be down to the backup Lamy pen before this venture is all over. Worse case, I might have to find an office supply store in a big city and get a spare Lamy cartridge.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a view!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Bill M said...

Excellent photo Joe. Thank you for sharing your trip. Montana is my favorite of all the lower 48. If it were not for Mrs. M I know I would not be living in FL. Glacier is one of the most spectacular places in the USA. And I must agree wit you on Zion too. Someday I need to get a TWSBI pen.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

When I was a kid, we used Mrs. Stewart's Blueing as ink. I bought a bottle recently, and it no longer mentions it on the label, but maybe they dropped it when people quit using fountain pens. It now comes in a plastic bottle, with a dropper top. I think I paid about $4 for maybe 6 oz. You could always use it for laundry later. Maybe you don't like that intense blue?

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home