Sunday, April 10, 2016

Behold the Nekkid-Riter!

DSCF4845a
Typecast159

Post-Script: This project came out pretty well. The machine types great, and I love the style of type face. The storage/carrying box project will have to wait for next week at the earliest - unless I get ambitious.

I'm willing to accept differences in spelling the word "nekkid"; I've also seen "nekked." I like the first version because it renders the pronunciation more, um, "red of the neck."

We returned Friday evening from our pleasant Tucson vacation, and I have enough "film in the can" for two more episodes of the Typewriter Video Series. The latest is episode 8, embedded below. I was able to edit and upload episode 7 while we stayed at the Big Blue House B & B; their Internet connection is fast, enough such that it only took about 35 minutes to render and upload an 8-minute video, from the iPad.

I really do wish I could attend the upcoming Tucson Type-In, this summer; perhaps I can makes plans far enough in advance. Living here in New Mexico feels at times like being on the edge of nowhere; unless I get off my butt and do some planning, there'll probably never be an Albuquerque Type-In. Speaking of which, someone who's better-experienced at these should publish an online "How to Conduct Your Very Own Type-In" document, for us newcomers to the genre.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Richard P said...

Looks good! I was just thinking I might do this with a Quiet-Riter to sell in The Urban Legend Institute.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Bill M said...

Nice job with the h3k. It sure is a good way to show the inner workings of a typewriter as it works. No harm done to it either just in case the die hard never change a typewriter type see it, if you saved the covers it can always go back to its original. I need to watch the video after work.

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it - "The Woody Nuddy"!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

It's the Illustrated Hermes! :D

1:32 PM  
Blogger Bill M said...

Beautiful place to type. I too take a medium size on road trips. I take one of my ultraportables when I go by air. If I plan on typewriter hunting on a road trip I take an ultraportable. You make many good points.

4:48 PM  
Blogger TomR said...

Love the videos, keep it up. Good points on traveling with typewriters.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home