Tuesday, May 03, 2016

TWVS Update - Episodes 11 & 12


Typewriter Video Series, Episode 11

Typewriter Video Series, Episode 12
Typecast169

Post-Script: This blog post was typed out in one pass, without any first-drafting, as I do some of my articles. This little Brother-made Webster XL-747 typewriter makes for a great "lap typer," a category of typewriter that perhaps deserves its own future episode of the video series. It does require noticeably more finger force to get a dark imprint, as compared to those Swiss-made Hermes machines that I bragged about in the last article; but then I noticed that sitting in my low-slung patio chair, in a slightly reclined position with this small machine on my lap, offered me a better wrist position with which to attach the keys, making it suddenly easier to get the force required for a dark imprint. So perhaps the "low-rider" is a sub-category of lap typers.

My Panasonic Lumix G5, which I use on all these videos, is starting to have some issues with its flip-out LCD screen. This is a great feature to have on a camera intended to be used for self-made videos, since the flip-out screen enables you to see yourself while in front of the lens. But the screen hinge has been getting loose, and now there's some flaky issue happening with the picture in the LCD itself. Perhaps I see a replacement Lumix micro-4/3 camera in my future? My personal finance manager doesn't seem to be as thrilled about that idea as myself, however.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

I haven't thought about a writer's shed, but I have given a lot of thought to getting a couple of student desk-arm chairs, like high schools use. I'd like to have one under a tree in the back yard, and maybe another on the front porch, where I could sit with a cup of coffee and maybe read the morning paper on my laptop, or answer some mail. I had one once that was metal, with wood seat, back and desk, but the wood needed replacing. I had planned on using some semi-flexible plastic, which I could mold the seat and the back, but would stand up against rain. Someone apparently thought they needed it more than me, as it disappeared. I wonder if anyone makes one that folds up?

10:16 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

Very nice! The segment on your Man Cave is great, loved seeing more of the inside (:

10:27 PM  
Blogger Bill M said...

Writing sheds.
Cheryl Lowery mentioned these a few years ago on Striktru. I think she pretty much quit typecasting and blogging.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Yes, I do miss her posts.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Bruce Spinney said...

Wow, Joe. I really liked the b&w episode. I thought you dug a little deeper on that one. Good work.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home