Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The Magic Mirror

Bristol Noughnut Co..
Digital Box Camera Image

The Magic Mirror

Post-Script: I remember recently writing about how my Olympia SG-3 worked flawlessly; now we see evidence of intermittent skipping. Further reinforcement of the notion that, no matter the reputation or build quality, a manual typewriter is always subject to the vagaries of the laws of physics. Hence the importance of the notion that writing with manual typewriters isn't about pristine, zero-error copy or printing press quality, but the enablement of creativity.

Back to the subject of the video, namely using a knock-off, low-budget action camera as a point-and-shoot stills device, I refuse to submit to the notion that I must somehow remain on the Technology Treadmill - that concept of marketing that assumes every consumer device is continuously being obsoleted by newer products. It's a form of rebellion. I'm interested in seeing what I can get from using these simple, obsolete tools.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Nice video work Joe. I've got to watch for more of you Magic Mirror videos on You Tube.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Diane Maher said...

Technology treadmill, I like that description. It is very apt.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home