Thursday, January 02, 2020

Austin Kleon's Top 100 of 2019



If you're interested in creativity like I am, you probably have a few "go-to" kinds of people, whose Interwebz presence inspires you to keep pressing forward, don't look backwards. Austin Kleon is one of those people for me. I first became aware of him with his book Steal Like an Artist. I then discovered his blog, which has been a rich resource of creativity-provoking thoughts.

His blog is full of the outflow from a creative private life, which he freely shares with us, his readers. I enjoy his updates as he daily creates art with his young boys, who seem to have inherited some creative gene, as evidenced by their talent.

Kleon's work inspires me to be more spontaneous, less self-judgmental, with my own private work. And so I was fascinated to read his review article of the 100 things that made his year 2019. This article is full of hyperlinks to a treasure trove of this lasts year's creative output, which you would do well to explore. I was even thrilled when this popped up in his list as number 15: "The color of the sky in Albuquerque, New Mexico."

That's it, short and sweet. If you need inspiration, check out Austin Kleon. And don't be so hard on yourself because you don't think you can be creative.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

I've got to visit his blog. You mentioned him before, and I have yet to visit his blog.
BTW, did you ever read Julia Cameron's book, The Artist's Way. I found it quite interesting.

7:27 AM  
Blogger hrroman said...

If you are looking for the Marketing Assignments help then in this case you can opt for our Market Analysis Assignment.we provide the best Assignment Help Experts.We also provide 5c Marketing Assignment for students across the globe. for more information contact us +16692714848.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home