Sunday, October 17, 2021

Autumnal Scootering

Scootering to Sweet Cup
The only photo I could find of my Honda PCX-150, from several years ago.

Autumnal Scootering

I also brought with me the old Panasonic Lumix G5 camera with the lovely 20mm-F/1.7 lens. The camera recently had an issue whereby the mechanical shutter decided to malfunction, and I don't want to pay to get this old camera repaired. Luckily the camera also has an electronic shutter mode, where it reads off the sensor directly, line-by-line, leaving the mechanical shutter in its normal open mode (since it's a mirrorless camera, they normally keep the mechanical shutter open when composing scenes, in contrast to a DSLR that keeps the shutter closed until the time of capture). Here's a quick grab shot I made while seated at the counter at Duran's, a detail of their menu.

Duran’s Pharmacy Menu

Returning home I stopped in to gas up the scooter. It's been close to a year since I last did so! I recorded 112 MPG on that old tank of gas! Not bad for hauling my fat butt around town. As you can surmise, I don't ride the scooter as often as I should, but now with autumn here it's high time to get in some miles before the cold of winter.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

Nice early Autumn Adventure Time! :D

11:25 AM  
Blogger Bill M said...

112 MPG! Great!
Have fun scootering!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Mei Travis said...

Fun!!! The only time my Dad ever spanked me was when I was 14 years old. He was coming home from work and saw me on the back of my friend's Honda scooter and neither of us were wearing helmets, which was always the #1 rule for scootering. As he was spanking my butt (it wasn't hard or painful) he was saying things like, "I love you and don't want you to die in a crash." I always wear a helmet now! :-)

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home