Sunday, March 20, 2022

Royal Mercury Platen Replacement

Royal Mercury
Royal Mercury Platen Replacement

Removing and installing the platen was easier than expected - once I was able to loosen the left platen knob via a set of rubber strap wrenches, that is! I have Ted Munk to thank for sending me a page out of the service manual where it illustrates how to remove the platen:



I've yet to do any upgrades to the sound insulation inside the body panels, something that Ted has shown us how to do with his Brother project machine, but it should make this machine even quieter in use.

As for which ultra-portable in my collection is my favorite, perhaps that'll be the subject of another video. I still need to do more typing on this machine, and it also needs a darker ribbon, so I need to get an order placed (perhaps I'll get a bulk roll from Baco Ribbon Supply!). The favorite ultra-portable competition in my collection is between the Groma Kolibri, the Olympia Splendid 33 and this Mercury.

Here's Episode 300 of the Typewriter Video Series, about this project:

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Gregory Short said...

Oh, that is a pristine imprint! Worth the investment.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Mei Travis said...

Nice! I've yet to lay hands on a Japanese machine that isn't awesome.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Anton Dcruze said...

Hi,
It is really a great post by you. I found this so interesting. Keep it up and keep sharing such posts.
Are you stuck while crafting your assignment? Many students face difficulty in making their assignments. If you are also the one searching, ”can someone help me to do my assignment for me”. So, there are a number of online assignment service companies that can help you out at a very reasonable fee. There are many benefits of taking assignment help in australia.
Many different subjects where students mostly seek online assignment help are chcece001 assessment answers Help, Management Assignment Help, Law Assignment Help, etc.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Blogs said...

The Royal Mercury platen replacement showcased in the blog is a commendable solution for typewriter enthusiasts. The detailed guide is invaluable. For efficient time management, check out Management Assignment Help.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home