Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Life for Old Cameras



Here's the link if you can't view the embedded video.

Typecast197

Post-Script: I'm still a rookie at this YouTube thing, and embedding links from the video to this blog. I also don't seem to know how to control which video frame YouTube selects for the title photo of the video; it appears I'm throwing some sort of gang sign or vulgar hand gesture.

It took about 3 hours to render and upload the video to YouTube from within iMovie on my iPad2, in 720P HD resolution. And I had to restart the process several times, after mysterious "upload failed" error messages. I ended up logging into the browser version of my YouTube account in Safari, and then the upload proceeded without errors. Go figure.

I failed to mention in the typed piece that another benefit to using a Lumix G-series of camera for shooting video is that its rear LCD screen flips around to the front so that the presenter can monitor his framing on screen while recording video.

Typecast image via Olivetti Lettera 22 and Sony A390.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Thank you for the excellent instructional clip.
I have not used Harmon Direct Positive paper. I hope to give it a try.

I do have quite a few old Kodak cameras that I generally re-spool 120 roll film to use. There are a few problem cameras though that take wider than 120.

Have a very Happy New Year!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Rob Bowker said...

Great video. The edit and upload process is tedious, I agree. Don't worry, it isn't just you. But that's a very useful video and ideal application for those of us without a darkroom - just a changing bag. You demolished my big excuse for not putting my oldies to work - now I just have to overcome sloth. Happy New Year Joe!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home