Tuesday, December 21, 2021

More Gregg, Less Marsha

Oh goodie, twelve more pads of Gregg-ruled steno pads!

Here's my supply of pre-cut 3-hole punched adapter strips, already for archiving my 6"x9" steno pad typewritings:
Yesterday's four-page blog article taped to one adapter strip, ready to archive:
Each page can be flipped open individually for easy reading:
The four-page blog article now archived in the 3-ring binder:
I'm curious as to how other typecast bloggers archive their original sheets. I trust my paper filing system better than some mega-corporation with my data, that's essentially only as permanently secure as my account with them. One goof with your email account or password and poof! it's all gone. Of course, paper can be destroyed in some physical catastrophe, as minor as a water leak, or whatever. And then there's the issue of the space it takes to store binders-full of typewritings from decades past. But at least I know the basics of how to secure things in the physical realm, I feel I have control there. How about you?

Regarding the late-night typing and the noise I was causing, Aunt Pat's Royal 10 has hard rubber feet and feet bushings, it does sound like a herd of horses atop my wooden table. That large towel folded into quarters really did the trick of dampening the noise. Still, I need to be more considerate late at night, all the better reason to employ a thermal typewriter in those situations.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

Heh, I throw my typescript in a basket, then when that basket gets full, I toss it all in a box with an approximate year range written on it. Not ideal for later perusal, but does offer constant surprise on review. :D

8:13 PM  
Blogger Mike A. said...

I discovered this while watching Michael Jecks' YouTube channel. He's an author un the UK and his videos are primarily concerned with pens, paper and journals. He was discussing his archiving method and showed a rather unique binder. It reminded me of the binders for pinned printer paper. Though much cheaper on the other side of either pond, I ordered one anyway and it is the best thing I have found for storing my typed pages.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LIMD60/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6:17 AM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Mike, those look interesting.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Bill M said...

Ah, to find real Gregg Ruled paper though is the real challenge. No longer do I find proper title spaces at the top or hard cardboard backs like the originals. I did get a case of nice ones the year before the virus from the Industries for the Blind.
I do buy Staple's brand since they are the closest local supplier and the cardboard as of the last batch was still stiffer than most others.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Gregory Short said...

I bought a steno pad to have on hand when I am ready to start learning shorthand. Next year will be a good year for that, I think.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Mike A. said...

Is it just me or does anyone else hear the cool ring of Gregory Short writing Gregg Shorthand?

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Lance said...

This blog is pure joy! I'm enjoying your posts. I wish I had a typewriter, too.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Daniel McCosh said...

Joe, it's such a pleasure to hear about all your fascinating creative adventures with all that subtle humour. There is so much to learn from your videos and I am also convinced the typewriter is an amazing tool for charging creativity. Keep going!

2:41 PM  
Blogger zeeshanking6 said...



Croydon Cars MiniCab Service in London UK,Choose our Minicab for a quick trip and safely to get to the Gatwick Airport, Heathrow Airportalso offers some services to minicab drivers who are not associated with itin the area of Croydon and in other towns.We are offer Low Fair for Airport Transfers from Croydon everyday such as ?Croydon Minicabs ?Shirley Minicabs ?Waddon Minicabsand etc.We want to welcome you to our new corporate website:www.croydoncar.co.uk/

7:08 AM  
Blogger Airport Taxi Transfers said...

If you want travel to be associated with comfort, safety and pleasure, you've come to the right place! We invite you to take advantage of transport facility in Croydon and all over London. We are a licensed Taxis providing services in the field of passenger transport, airport transfers. Our goal is to provide you with comfortable and safe travel conditions. By using our services, you will feel how pleasant travelling can be. We are characterized by professionalism and our priority is the satisfaction of the client and adapting to his needs. "www.croydoncar.co.uk/

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home