Sunday, May 20, 2018

Wither Goest the URL?

Family Bingo"Family Bingo"

“Wither Goest the URL?”

Post-Script: I, on occasion, have these little thoughts or observations, too minuscule to make into some big project like a video but important enough to share, in the hope that someone will find value; or, that they might amass, each a mere stone, into some sizable structure, sometime in the future. I need to do more of this. Perfect is the enemy of good enough, someone once said. In this case, grandiose is the enemy of the humble. Something like that. Just little thoughts, observations, one piled atop another, to become, what? I don't yet know. But I've got to keep amassing these pebbles.

Typecast via Adobe Rose onto the reverse side of thermal fax paper, using a new old-stock silk ribbon.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Somewhat like a post I've been drafting on the dieing of the typosphere/blogosphere, and even my own defunct ham radio site and blog.
Then there is the cavernous size of my bookmarked URLs I dread to go through all to find the dead ones. Even the Wayback Machine does not keep fully archived sites as I find with many of the radio sites I used to frequent that no longer exist, even on the Wayback archives.
Yet I can still revisit some of the books on my bookshelf written in the 1800s.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Joe V said...

I didn’t even touch on the subject of sharing a URL list between Apple, Android and Windows environments on multiple platforms.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

Heh, my answer is to copy everything. :D
I also still use my blog as my primary social media outlet. I post links on flacebock if I want those people to see a post, but permanent copies always go on the blog. Can't tell you how often and how handy it is that I can answer people's questions by just linking to an old blog post.
Video, I think - as Youtube does it, seems also to be a fairly permanent record.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home