Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Directly Connected

P1150912a

Typecast272

Typecast271

Post-Script: This Easter with the family was one of the more memorable ones in recent memory. We ate, we visited, we typed, we walked to the park and flew kites. I'm still figuring out how to work kite flying into a future blog article.

I've also been continuing with my private typewritten journal. Some of the thoughts for this typecast came from that journal. I'm already beginning to see one of the values of such a system is that it helps one to congeal ideas into concrete thoughts for future publication. There are also themes beginning to develop in the pages of the journal, as I revisit old ideas.

Typecast via Underwood Universal.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the great ideas coming out of the typosphere these days, of which this is one. Thanks!
== Michael Höhne

7:51 PM  
Blogger Richard P said...

I love the mini-story and think your ideas about typewriters are spot-on. The computer, when working well, can feel immediately responsive, but when (not if) it stops working, you realize nothing is immediate: everything about the computer is mediated, and you don't understand how. It could be gerbils, it could be Harry Potter's wand. Or it could be microprocessors -- except I don't really understand how they work either, so that's just like magic to me.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Duffy Moon said...

More about the witchy frog tape, please.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home