Sunday, January 29, 2017

Night Sky Musings

Zeppelin in Combat
Typecast272

Post-Script: I've had an on-again, off-again relationship with amateur astronomy for the last three or more decades. I currently have a short focal length dobsonian-style reflector and two binoculars, the 7-by-50 and a monster-sized 25-by-100 that requires a mount just to use it, weighing in at around 11 pounds. By far the most enjoyable viewing I've had is reclining in the comfort of a lawn chair on a warm summer evening with a pair of stabilized binoculars at hand. Being able to use both eyes, in such a relaxed posture, brings much joy.

P1080705a

Photo made at the Andersen Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum. Typecast via Brother Charger 11 (photo pending).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

One of the things I miss from when I lived in the North, star gazing.
It is a wonderful experience to be able to go outside on a clear winter night and look up at sky. I enjoy the night sky without the aid of optics and with binoculars or a telescope. I no longer have my telescope -- too much haze and light pollution in Florida. I do have several pairs of binoculars, none as nice as your 25 x 100s. Maybe someday I'll get back to astronomy. Best night sky I've seen was on the Sandia Mountains and on the mountains in Montana.

7:42 AM  
Blogger SteveK said...

Great post. Also one needn't burden oneself with the unnecessary trappings of religion. :)

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home