Wednesday, January 04, 2017

A Lizard on a Warm Rock

Winter Sunny Patio Typing
Typecast270

Post-Script: I love these kinds of blog articles, however crude or unpolished they might seem. The idea of being able to spontaneously sit down with a typewriter on your lap and bash out a thought or two with no ulterior motive or agenda is a compelling reason for blogging, like sitting down with a friend for no reason whatsoever except to spend time in idle chitchat. Separated by the miles via the interwebz, this is our version of spending time together. I enjoy reading others' blogs, and try to comment as much as I can.

I know many people find it difficult to continue blogging, with the busyness of life getting in the way. Part of this is a misconception, that we have to compose carefully polished prose, edited and revised multiple times before it can be seen by the public. Ideally that would be true, but sometimes time is a luxury, and yet to put blogging in some kind of priority in our lives means that people get to see us in all our private messiness; warts, typos, misspellings and all. As is fitting with friends.

Photo via Apple iPod Touch. Typecast via Brother-made Webster XL-747.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

YouTube has sure been a great outlet for anyone wanting to do videos. I often watch it. I have yet to make any videos though. Maybe later this spring when I can get out and do some on the correct way to use backpacking and hiking stoves. Being a former firefighter I cringe at most of them that are posted with open fire in grass, tall weeds, and other combustible vegetation. Yes, they are gas or other fuel, but they can still cause a wild fire.

Polished and typo free typecasts? Ha! Mine have become worse with time. Yours seldom have any typos. Keep up the good work.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

I love the fact that you've become so prolific with videos - I've been spending more time on Facebook lately (ugh, I know) in the Antique Typewriter Collectors and Maintenance groups, and your videos are quite famous there. It's a really good fusion of your talents, and you're reaching a much wider audience. (:

Heh, I need to post, my blog is so neglected, and so much is happening! :D

9:36 AM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Thanks, Ted. I do lurk on the Facebook group, but not signed on (I'm currently not on Facebook, actually).

6:39 PM  
Blogger DonN said...

Having tried dictation as you previously blogged, writing longhand, keyboarding at a computer, and typing with a manual typewriter I conclude the manual typewriter still works best for me. I have to say too that your typecasts have a certain je ne sais quois about them that I really like. (the Quebecois in me is trying to get out).

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home