Sunday, February 21, 2016

Typewriter Videos

DSCF4558a
Typecast143
DSCF4559a
Typecast144

Post-Script: Of course, after I finished that preliminary list of ideas, I came up with more. Such as:

Scanning & typecasting; Uploading or hosting typewriter images; Dust covers; Gatherings/Type-Ins; Living with both typewriters and spouses; Typewriting as letterpress; Typewriters as wedding guest books; Loaning out typewriters; Teaching others about typewriters; Spreading the word; Electric typewriters; Typewriters for writers; Typewriters for classrooms; Typewriters and kids; Online typewriter resources; Street typing; Typewriter fonts; Selling typewriters.

This should keep me busy enough for the next few months; while in the meantime, if I think of any more photography-related videos, I'll work on them also.

I might have mentioned in a previous blog article, but it's taken a concerted effort to make the iPad a workable video editing platform with my video camera, considering that the camera lacks inputs for an external microphone; which means, if I want to use a lavaliere mic, I have to record the audio into a standalone audio field recorder, then get those clips into the iPad via the circuitous method of going through my PC and iTunes. But it's less expensive than buying a new camera.

Photo of Lumix G5 and Olympus SM9 via Fujifilm X10. Typecast via Olympus SM9.

PPS: You might have noticed the typewriter image in the viewfinder of the Lumix G5 camera doesn't match in color the actual typewriter; that's because I had mistakenly left its white balance on some custom setting from last week. These things, of course, you only notice after it's posted for all the world to see.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Joe, looking forward to some interesting typewriter videos. You made a good point when You mentioned the privacy aspect. Did You know that the russian secret service ordered some hundret brand- new typewriters because they ( started ? ) to file everything really important with typewriters. For obvious reasons, I'd say ! No spying, no trojans, no virusses. Clever russians :-)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

That sounds like an excellent idea! I expect that your attention to detail in all things will translate into some very interesting typewriter theme videos. (:

Also, don't pooh-pooh the idea of monetizing your Youtube channel (or blog) I've been pondering a post on content monetization based on what I've learned since last year from dipping my toes into the adstream. Of key importance is the fact that our content actually has many, many times as many viewers than the dozens or so who actually interact and comment on our articles - eyeballs that can and should be leveraged to support the content you create.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

One area not to be overlooked is "type."
Typebar (most), Drum (Blickensderfer), Ball (IBM Selectric, Brother Correct-O-Ball),and Daisywheel (Brother, SCM, Canon, Panasonic, Lexmark, etc). And how about "memory" typewriters?

2:12 PM  
Blogger Bill M said...

Great idea Joe. With that long of a list I think you'll be recording for a year or more.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home